Contractor General Safety Inductions
The Contractor General Safety Induction covers the Coles Group safety requirements that apply to all Coles Group sites.All contractors who are conducting work on Coles Group sites must have completed the Contractor General Safety Induction.
The Contractor General Safety Induction is valid for 2 years.
The Contractor General Safety Induction is available online, i.e. on the internet and is accessible via this web page:
All contractors are required to complete the online induction.
Contractor General Safety Induction Card
An induction card will be available after the completion of the online induction process to demonstrate that the online induction has been completed.
Contractors must have their Contractor General Safety Induction card with them at all times whilst on a Coles Group site.
Industry Specific Inductions
There are a number of special inductions which may arise out of legislative or industry requirements such as the construction industry induction in some states. These special inductions are required in addition to the Contractor General Safety Induction.
Coles Express Work Clearance Induction
Do I need to complete this induction?
The Coles Express Work Clearance induction outlines the Coles Express requirements that apply to all works conducted on a Coles Express site. All contractors must complete this induction, regardless of whether or not the contractor is doing physical works on a Coles Express site.
The reason for this is because the information contained in this Coles Express Work Clearance Induction is useful to highlight to all contractors some specific hazards that are contained at Coles Express sites, and therefore, this increases awareness for contractors at Coles Express sites.
NB: Only contractors accredited by the Australian Institute of Petroleum (AIP) may undertake works in the hazardous zones of a Coles Express site and these works must be undertaken in accordance with the Work Clearance Procedure.
How do I complete this induction?
Follow these steps to complete the Coles Express Work Clearance Induction:
- To open this induction, you must be able to show that you have already completed the Coles Group Contractor General Safety Induction. When you completed that induction, you were given an Induction Card. Find that card so that you can use the induction number on it.
- Further down this screen, you will see a box next to the words “Induction Number”. Type the induction number on your Coles Group induction card into that box. Then press the ‘Verify Induction Number’ button.
- If you have been successful in verifying your induction number, you will now see two links have appeared; one called “Training Material” and the other called “Coles Express Induction Quiz.
- Press the “Induction Material” link. It will take you to a viewer, with some induction material for you to read. Read this material carefully, as you will need to understand it to pass the induction.
- When you have read and understood the Induction Material; you are now ready to click the “Coles Express Induction Quiz”. This will take you to a short test, to ensure that you now understand the specific requirements of Coles Express.
- If you successfully complete the Quiz, you will receive a card confirming you have successfully completed the Coles Express Work Clearance Induction. You must show this to the site manager (or their delegate) when you introduce yourself on site.
NB: Only contractors who have completed the AIP Work Clearance for Contractors training may perform physical works on a Coles Express site. If you are not trained in AIP Work Clearance, information on this course can be found at the following address: